For the 7th year in a row,
Sandy Gibson, D.D.S. was voted one of Tucson's "Top Dentists" by her peers - as seen in Tucson Lifestyles Magazine.
Dr. Sandy Gibson has been practicing dentistry since 1988 when she graduated from the University of California, San Francisco, School of Dentistry.
Whether working in a large clinic or in private practice, Dr. Gibson has always taken pride in providing high quality dentistry with a nurturing touch. Gaining the confidence of her patients and seeing their restored smiles and dental health has been the most rewarding part of her profession. She takes the time to listen to her patient's goals and concerns, conducts a thorough evaluation of their dental needs, and develops and offers solutions that works for them.
She is always updating and adding hi-tech equipment to the already clean, comfortable environment allowing us to provide a state of the art dental office.
Dr. Gibson has spent hundreds of hours furthering her education in order to meet her patients’ needs and exceed their expectations. Most recently she trained to become a Certified Health and Wellness Coach, through the Dr. Sears Wellness Institute. Through this new knowledge she feels more comfortable helping her patients meet their overall health goals.
Outside of her beautiful, hi-tech Tucson office, Sandy mostly enjoys being with her husband Ricky, son Josh and dog – a Vizsla named Melon. Bicycling, hiking, gardening, baking and crocheting are among her favorite activities as well as spending time with friends and family. Life with the endless sunshine in Tucson, AZ has provided us with many years of enjoyment.
CLINICAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Gibson Dental: Owner, Private, General Practice 2003- Present.
- Carlson & Gibson DDS PC: Full-time, Partner, Private, General Practice; 1998 – 2003.
- St. Elizabeth of Hungary Clinic: Volunteer Dentist, monthly commitment; 1998 – 2004.
- Pima College Hygiene Department: Adjunct Faculty; 1998 – 2001.
- Independent Contractor; Private Practice, 1996 – 1998.
- FHP Dental Clinic, Lead dentist, Green Valley, AZ; 1994 – 1997.
Los Angeles, California
- Sandra Wells Gibson, DDS: Dentist – Proprietor, Solo Practice; 1991 – 1994.
- Wilshire Center Dental Group: Full-time, Clinical Practice; 1988 – 1991.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, University of California, San Francisco; 1988.
- Bachelor of Science, Dental Sciences, University of California, San Francisco; 1988.
- Bachelor of Arts, Major in Biology, with Honors, California State University, Northridge; 1984.
- Licensure: State of Arizona 1994, #4493, State of California 1988, #36713.
- Arizona State Board of Dental Examiners - Investigative Interview/Triage Committee
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Arizona State Dental Association
- Southern Arizona Dental Society
- California Dental Association
- Los Angeles Dental Society
- UCSF: Alpha Omega Dental Fraternity; Ethics Committee; Career Options Day Committee; Coordinator, AAWD Donation Drive, Coordinator, UCSF Applicants Day; Xi Psi Phi Dental Fraternity.
- CSUN: Associated Student Body; Senate Representative and Finance Committee; President Pre-Dental Club and Dental Plaque Control Clinic.
- Continuing Education Courses fulfilled California and Arizona license renewal requirements since graduation. invisalign Certified.